The UCLA Game Lab (where I work as a researcher) is profiled by yours truly in the latest issue of Mediascape, UCLA’s Journal of Cinema and Media Studies. My article contemplates how the concept of adaptation—as a biological and cultural imperative—informs game design and play. A number of game lab designers and their games appear in the article, including Vietnam Romance, Classroom Aquatic, Perfect Woman, Objectif, and many others. Check out the complete article at Mediascape.
- Share information, save the world? Some thoughts on The Shockwave Rider
- Cyberpunk is dead; long live cyberpunk
- Brian Sutton-Smith, Scholar of What’s Fun, Dies at 90 – NYTimes.com
- “The beginning of a revolution in thought:” Remembering Ralph Baer, father of the videogame
- Play is a subversive act: UCLA Game Lab featured in Mediascape